As most of our followers know, we love our smoothies. We ALSO love to talk about the healing powers of a well running digestive tract, which can have an amazing impact on energy levels, weight, clearer skin, reduced bloating and constipation, and so much more. Adequate fiber, healthy fats, and extra GI boosters like ginger and lemon are some of the ways we encourage our clients to upgrade their digestion and get bursts of energy without relying on their next cup of coffee or sugar fix.
In comes one of our favorites, the Pear Ginger Lemon combo. Here’s why:
- Pears are one of the higher fiber fruits, and contain about 5.5 grams of fiber per pear (WOW). They also are nice and sweet, perfect for “no added sugar” smoothies.
- Avocado is a rich source of fiber and heart healthy monounsaturated fat (think soothing anti-inflammatory).
- Celery contains antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties, and acts as a detoxifier – all important for digestive health.
- Ginger and lemon are both great digestive aids, and add a lovely “zing” to the taste.
- Spinach is a powerhouse green filled with natural folate, vitamin C, vitamin A, and antioxidants
Ready to try it? Here’s the recipe!
Lemony Pear Ginger Smoothie Recipe HERE.
What about you? Have you tried smoothies? What is your favorite – share below!